Saturday, July 21, 2007

The Drawers Won't Open

I promised Cindy I would post this so this is for you. Sorry it took so long and left you in suspense:

I was in Walmart a couple of weeks ago with all 4 kids (oh the joys of summer!). In the center of the main aisle where all the "we hope you buy all this stuff so we put it in the center aisle"is, were some plastic drawers. I stopped, of course because that is the point, and thought out loud that maybe these drawers would help our mess in the basement office-organizing. Then I tried to open the drawers-they wouldn't budge. So I said, "What is the point of these? The drawers don't even open!" So Jonny wisely says, "Mom (in his head-you dolt), they are taped shut! You would have to remove the tape." To which all four were almost on the floor laughing and now, almost every time they see me they say, "What's wrong with these drawers, they won't open" So mom the dolt will never live this down now. But it is good wholesome family laughter and keeps me humble.

Hope you get a laugh out of this too.

No comments: