Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Camp and Dave

It is me, Nancy, back from Global Youth camp with 20 teens and 4 other young adults (I was the oldest in our group). What an amazing camp that is. I can understand why Colby wants to go there although I am still hoping to go to the Virginia version next year. I am so impressed with how their focus is so much on teens getting closer to God and reaching the world for Him. They are so concerned with youth groups not just in America, but around the world. I was tired but very happy I went.

So now my tribute to Dave ( I have to do this often because I want to remind myself and everyone else how amazing he is).

I was running this morning and came across the song written out below by Colbie Callat and thought about Dave immediately. After our first date 20 years ago! (see previously blog by Dave) and when he started to write to me, I realized what a different person he was and is than me and maybe the rest of the world. Like the song says, he really does want to make people smile and show how much he cares for them. He does this by 1. his quiet, subtle jokes, 2. by his constant service and 3. his generosity. He was unable to go to camp this year which I know was a big sacrifice for him and so the youth had a moment of silence for him and chanted DSF (his initials) when we returned home and saw him in the parking lot. Anyway, you still make me smile! And I am glad I am your lady. Thanks to Colbie Callat for her consistent sappy love songs.

Colbie Callat-Oxygen

I came apart inside a world made of angry people.
I found a boy who had a dream, making everyone smile.
He was sunshine, I fell over.
My feet like the rays under the water.

And how am I supposed to tell you how I feel
I need oxygen!

Oh baby if I was your lady
I would make you happy
I'm never gonna leave.
Oh baby I will be your lady.
I am going crazy for you.

No comments: