Sunday, January 09, 2011

It has been a while, but here are some of Nancy's musings of late

Nursing job: working on average 30 hours a week because we are so short and picking up on business. Good for money but not for time and energy.

Counseling: started at Snowden at Fredericksburg through Mary Washington Healthcare. working there on Thursdays and Fridays from 9am til ? Usually hanging out there for at least 20 hours/week, but still need more face to face. Will I ever graduate is the question and then what to do after that. Still have 4 clients from the Center for Family Counseling.

Work: total, I work 50-60 hours/week.

Books: Just read "I remember Nothing" by Nora Ephron on my Kindle (first book read electronically without flipping pages!). She is a funny author and has done several books that have been made into movies such as Sleepless in Seattle and Hanging Up. This book is about getting older and reminiscing a bit. She does mention that it would be nice to be able to believe in God-making death easier but she did not. How sad. She did mention that divorce is so hard on children-she was divorced twice but has been married the third time for 30 years.

I also read Tim Keller's newest book on Justice. Interesting message on what to do with the poor verses rich dilemma. I also read parts of Leviticus and am not convinced that either Republicans or Democrats or Capitalists are right. Please Jesus come and lets go back to a Theocracy!

Scrabble on the Kindle-I will beat that computer yet!

David II: it is looking like he is really planning on going to University of Minnesota where he has been accepted. We are waiting for an answer from Penn. State at the end of the month then will probably decide in February. Dave is busy working on taxes and the FAFSA for the financial end of this endeavor. I need to get busy looking for scholarships (even the remotest). I am so cold here that I do not know how I am going to visit him if he goes there! Dave, David and I are visiting the last weekend in January, so I need to brace myself. I do get to try cross country skiing which is cool-only $3 on the campus. They can have the downhill skiing.

Exercise: I am forced to wake up at the ungodly hour of 6 am and go to the club because I hate the cold and have no other time to work out with all this work! I managed to go 3x this past week.

Headaches: still bad. Thinking of trying another neuro doc who specializes in headaches. So discouraging.

Birthday: Went to Maggiano's on Saturday with friends and went to Tysons Corner mall for shopping. That is a great mall but so tempting to spend money. That is why I can only go once/year.

Holidays: Went to the Biltmore in NC-amazing and then to Ohio with Dave's family, fun. Now if I can just stop EATING!

School: NO MORE CLASSES! Just the internship/hours.

Sleep: lacking! (JK, just when I have headaches it is bad).

Housework: falling apart a bit-good thing for cleaning people and Dave. I made a menu of over 30 meals, some kids can make. All need to do their chores!




No comments: