Monday, June 04, 2007

Finishing Well

I was able to go to Ohio on Memorial Day weekend to visit with Dave's family. It was very nice and a good break. While I was there , I asked my sister-in-law how her parents were doing. She said not very well and that they were both going down hill. I've known people that I feel have ended their life uphill. Now I don't mean physically because we all go downhill that way and die. I mean mentally, emotionall, and especially spiritually. My other friend says that is too vague a goal and that those people were always uphill. That is true to a extent but I want to grow and strengthen my good qualities that I already have then, and decrease the negative ones. (Control my reaction to stress, for example, most or all of the time). I want to finish the race God gave me to run well. I know He can keep changing me for the better and can perfect His work in me and I want that to be obvious until the end. So I continue on the road uphill. May you tackle the hill in your life.

No comments: