Thursday, May 10, 2007

Good memories and feelings

The other day I was at the gym listening to my Ipod, and the song by Mark Schulz came on:When you come home. He really does know how to get you crying. Anyway, the chorus is:
When you come home, no matter how far, open the door and into my arms, that's where you are loved, that's where you belong,I will be here, when you come home. So I got to thinking about my mom first and how I would be sad from something that happened at school, and I would come home and cry and sit in her lap and tell her all about it. As I got older, I didn't sit in her lap but she always came in my room and sat on my bed and would listen and then try to talk to me.Then I got to thinking of my dad, and how he always called me "mush" and told me how pretty I was and that I was going to make some man pretty happy someday. And I could just sit next to him and snuggle and not say anything and be totally comfortable. Then more people that have died came flooding into my mind, and all the good memories I have of them. Several of them have died this past year, and while it makes me sad, then I got a vision of heaven and what it must be like to die and have all those people waiting for you after you worship and love on Jesus first. I thanked God for the good memories and the peace and happiness they brought and for the anticipation to go to heaven. Of course, I'm on the elliptical and blubbering-good thing I had a towel so I could pretend to wipe off the "sweat".

That brings me to my good feelings for Dave-I have been struggling with my life and then trying now to do school (almost done with 2 weeks by the way), and he is being so helpful. Right now he is cooking us up something. I couldn't charge my Ipod the other night, so he comes right into the gym and brings it to me charged before leaving for work-a small thing you say, but so meaningful to me. He really is something and yet I can get so irritated at him! I always tell him I can't believe how much he puts up with me. But I am grateful, and I hope I do make him happy as my father predicted. He certainly gives me great joy while I have to be here on earth. So the Karen Carpenter song came on: Why do birds suddenly appear every time, you are near, just like me, they want to be, close to you...Corny song you say, but listen to it some time and the words. They work for me. Still blubbering....

No comments: