Tuesday, January 27, 2009

New news from Nancy

HEAT: We are planning after almost 13 years to get a new heat pump in February. I cannot wait. I have been so cold. Plus it will be zoned, filtered and humidified. Yay!

Driveway/patio: along with the new heat pump we plan to fix the crumbling driveway and create a walkway/patio in the back yard. We plan on getting pressed/stamped cement. I am hoping for no cracks.

Money: how are we doing this you ask, we are refinancing since we have lots of equity in our home. Hopefully our house will be paid off in 15 years unless we borrow off it for little things like college, braces, weddings, cars, houses, etc.

Job: I have only ONE job now-amazing! I will no longer be working PRN (as needed) anymore as I received a part-time (half time) job from Stafford Hospital (2 miles from my house)! I am so excited. It will be more peaceful and less stressful to me and that is always a plus since I am not laid back.

School: in my 3rd week, hard but good.

ADHD: re considering medicine especially if I find one without the cocaine like bad side. We do need prayer regarding that.

Soccer: David is playing indoor right now and conditioning for the High school team-my prayer is that he makes it for his good/fun and for less driving and time on our part. Elizabeth hopefully will play on a friend's team this spring (carpooling help) and Jonny on a team for spring. Arianna is still dancing away.

Music: my question is if a kid does not express more than a passing interest in music/instrument, should the parent pursue it anyway with money/time for the kid? Example, Arianna says she wants to learn piano but I don't see her playing much on her own. No one picks up the guitar or books on their own either. They cannot take piano or guitar in school so I am wondering if I should bother. Maybe it is too much to ask to expect them to play/learn on their own although Keilan and Bobby O did, but they are probably the exception. Jonny is taking percussion at school so that relieves his need to keep a beat constantly (see medication).

Book: I just finished the House of Mirth by Edith Wharton. Sad about the thoughts, actions and lifestyles of the filthy rich in NYC around 1907. The sad thing is they probably still live this way at least as far as I can see from the outside.

SNOW: we finally have snow today and will make sure we play in it before it goes away in a day-have about 2 inches so far (I wish we would get a foot or at least 6 inches). No school today or tomorrow for the kids. The kids are 1/2 way through this year already.

No comments: