Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Getting a word in edgewise

This is Nancy and I have been wanting to blog but haven't been able to get a word in edgewise in blogvile with my talkative husband blogging away-he's doing so as I type.

School: I am halfway done with this class. I decided to do my cultural background paper on European Americans particularly Anglo and Italian descent. I am 3/4 Italian I found out but was raised Northern European American (English, Scottish, Irish, Welsh). I ended up interviewing my Aunt Marie (91 yrs old, means a lot to me, brought up some memories she had of me when my parents first adopted me "such a beautiful baby with a round face and chubby cheeks" and how "you always knew exactly what you wanted and got what you wanted" which she meant as a complement), Virginia (grandmother-biologically who praised our children and our parenting) and Ellen (biological mother who also praised our kids/parenting and still has regrets about having me out of wedlock and giving me up but knew it was for the best and I am glad she did). Anyway, it ended up being better than I thought and so now I am almost ready after reading for hours today, to actually write the paper.

Triathlon: so I will have help with the triathlon now but I am glad Dave is going to do it with me. Biking is something we can share. His bike is in the shop getting new tires and a tune-up.

Dave's Birthday is September 14th so all of you reading this-wish him well. He has about 2 gray hairs and doesn't have bifocals yet! Unlike me with the multitudes of gray and bifocals over a year ago! Must I get old first?

Arianna sick already and missed school today! It starts. I went right to the Natural Health place and told her to help me shorten and prevent illnesses this year so I am armed.

I taught chapters 1-20 of Genesis in SS this week to the youth and tried to help them apply some of it. For example, I bet Abraham and Sarah looked back and regretted having a child with Hagar and not waiting for God. I mentioned that wouldn't it be better to look back and be glad you trusted God, obeyed Him and waited for His timing? Sometimes I have done that and sometimes not. 

Pastor Bill taught on Matthew 17 and the transfiguration. Peter really puts His foot in his mouth and mentions building shrines for Moses, Elijah and Jesus. The mistake was that everyone pales in comparison to Jesus-certainly, no one is remotely on equal ground and therefore, no one or thing deserves to be worshipped but Him alone.

1 comment:

Cindynlow said...

Dave shares a BD with Mark Hall, which I remember well cause it's exactly a week before mine.

Happy early birthday, Dave!