Sunday, March 22, 2009

March Madness at the Fauths

We are not just talking about basketball. Having 4 kids is madness sometimes. Dave and I were just trying to hash out the logistics of how we were going to get 3 kids who are on 3 different soccer teams to their practices and games, Arianna to dance, 3 kids to Awana, all to youth and church, etc. We have to take it a week at a time! I am glad we have spring break.

I finished the hard course of psychopathology and started another integration (spirituality and theology in counseling) course. I am in my second week. 8 weeks of class, 7 books to read, 6 short papers, 5 weeks to be in the thick of it, 4 hours of homework, 3 discussion boards, 2 minutes of downtime and 1 personal theory paper/1 final exam (sung to the tune of 12 days of Christmas but this is the 8 weeks of class. BUT after this I will be officially half-way through!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Praises: I received my tuition money back for these current 2 spring classes from my new job and some more will go toward my summer classes.

I had a nice break last weekend in NYC-4 days without family to hang with my brother, eat some amazing food, good art museum tours, meeting Jon's friends, and walk/run everywhere (I love Central Park). I did not do the subway by myself, but did walk by myself and of course, brought bagels home for all. I met an interesting college freshman woman on the way up and we talked about some deep things like death, family, God, etc. She is Jewish. I told her that Messiah was coming (again for me). I also missed the accident on HOV which would have caused me to miss my bus (I was on the Megabus-2nd level for only $40 round trip!)

Books: reading lots for class by Larry Crabb, Jay Adams, Bacchus. they are good-mostly on integrating psychology and Christianity and Christian counseling models. I am still plodding through Ivanhoe-hard to read.

Driving: David takes his driver's written test next week for his permit-then he will start practicing!!!!!!!

Cement: Our cement job is almost done and looks great so far-new driveway, walkway to the back and large patio. They will also do hardscape retaining walls in the front and sides. We got rid of the prickly hollies and other plants by the driveway and front. Now we are left with a big landscaping job. Any takers?

Sleep: Must get some-Nancy

1 comment:

garmancj@comcast.net said...

Nancy, I enjoyed the Fauth blog update. I can't believe David is driving.