Monday, March 02, 2009

New Stuff

School: I have less than a week and one more test and I am done with this hard, challenging class!

Elizabeth: our cute girl has turned 13-she is such a young lady. As you can see, she enjoyed her birthday for which I am glad. She is a joy to us.

David: Made the HS soccer team and is a starter for defense. We are all thrilled especially since there won't be much driving him around for me. On March 26th he is allowed to take the test to get his permit. We are doing this on time so he can get free drivers ed through school and not have to take PE next year. I can't believe my first baby will be driving soon! He is also a soccer referee now too so I told him to earn some of the car insurance money.

Heat pump is in and I am comfortable at 73 degrees so that is what it is on when I am home.

Europe: We are going to England and Iceland during spring break which is a dream come true for me (I have wanted to go to England since I was a little girl and read all those classic English novels by Dickens, Jane Austen, etc.) In Iceland, we will hang with the Garmans which is always a treat.

Concrete is coming in mid March.

Snow today-over 6 inches but I hurt my back somehow which figures because I love sledding but didn't dare risk it plus I am in pain just sitting. The kids all enjoyed it though.

Jewelry: my dear friend came over and we made necklaces which was great because we need to use up some of the thousands of beads we have here. Hopefully I can make some more.

Book: SexGod by Rob Bell. Interesting book. The author is so well read, he must have referenced at least 50 books at the end. So many books, so little time.

Facebook: I am still holding out and do not have one. Now I am really not sure after our Pastor's facebook was hacked into yesterday. Who needs that headache?

New Hospital/job: Stafford Hospital has opened and I am glad. We in SDS still do not have patients (no endo or OR schedule yet) but at least their are no more tours and open houses. I am enjoying my bosses and the leaders a lot so far.

Eyes: I am considering Lasik eye surgery but it will be a long haul since I have to get contacts to work first (especially one for reading and one for distance) and then be out of contacts for a while before I can get it, but I will at least think about it and evaluate it. It would be nice to see well all the time and not worry about contacts and especially glasses. Right now I am wearing my old glasses which are not "hip" so I feel ugly and out of style, like I did as a teen, but not for long.

Signing out for now, Nancy

2 comments:

beckers said...

in reference to the facebook thing, it think it is crazy that pbj's got hacked, ive had mine for like 3 years and it has never been hacked....oh well, luck of the draw i guess.

ICELAND and ENGLAND!! thats so exciting! PICTURES LOTS OF PICTURES!!! if you see a red phone booth or an old school double decker bus then snap a shot! they are so awesome!

I hear yall will maybe have a visitor this summer! im really excited for you! she is a sweet person and Liz will love her!

Annie B. said...

good to hear a nancy catch-up