Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Mile

We all went out with our decreased family to the Fredericksburg mile runs. It was in a residential part of Fredericksburg that we had never been in, so enjoyed walking around before the runs. Elizabeth ran first and her time was 7 minutes, 7 seconds. Jonny was second, ran 6 minutes, 22 seconds. Both were 2nd in their age group. I watched the next few heats, the fastest in the men's open at 4 minutes, 40 seconds. So I was nervous because I average 10 minute miles, but I ran at 6pm and my time, much to my surprise, was 8 minutes, 1 second. I was happy as I wanted to run at least 9 minutes. I tell you though, my lungs were burning as I am used to running farther but at a much slower pace. It was fun. We cleaned up and went to Ruby Tuesday's for dinner. A good evening, after going to the farmer's market, the Made in Virginia store, and Miller's Farm to pick strawberries during the day.

No comments: