Sunday, May 17, 2009

My first half marathon! and AWANA closing

I, Nancy, ran my first half-marathon today. It was the Marine Historic Half which was so organized and through one of my favorite towns-Fredericksburg. The surprising thing was that I ran the first 9.5 miles and then ran/walked the rest so I finished in 2 hours and 28 minutes for which I was thrilled! (I was expecting to take 3 hours). I think I ran a bit too much though, as I am very sore, especially my left hip! I hope I didn't fracture anything! I picked up a bunch of race entries from the Fredericksburg Area Running Club (FARC) and the Marines of which I plan to do at least 1 a month through November. I told the kids they need to pick at least one. It was cold and rainy which was great during the race but afterwards, I was freezing-hot bath helped, but now for the Advil!
Anyone interested in any runs, let me know. It would be more fun if I knew people even if I didn't run with them the whole time.

Awana: Awana ended today with the closing ceremony at Ararat. Jonny, Elizabeth and Arianna all finished their books. We were proud of them. I really like Awana and think it is a good way for kids to learn Scripture and study the Bible. Jonny's T & T book was hard-I helped him with it and couldn't believe all the hard, long verses. But he did it!



1 comment:

beckers said...

so i hear your summer visitor will be arriving soon! thats really exciting! Jenny is an awesome person and i know ya'll will love her! Nancy, i miss you, alot.