Sunday, May 06, 2007

More Iceland Pictures

This is our son David and Justin Grack, the 19 yr old from our church that was there helping Colby,Pastor Bill and whoever else came to Iceland. In this picture they are on top of the thermodynamic storage building called "the Pearl" b/c of its dome shaped top. There is always wind in Iceland (and I thought South Dakota was bad). On this day the wind was actually holding us up as in this picture or knocking us down as it did Arianna. It made it always cold there-new meaning to the term "wind chill factor". It is murder for contact lens wearers like me.
We were very surprised at all the grafitti in Iceland-especially in the main city where we stayed. This is just one sample of it. The Icelanders pride themselves on their conservation of energy due to their heating all their homes and buildings with hydrothermic heat, but they did not recycle, there was garbage everywhere and then the grafitti!
This is by the Atlantic Ocean on the sculpture called "The Sun Voyager". Here are the kids. There were six kids together for a week. They did pretty well with the food, long walks in the rain and wind, and being cooped up in the apartment sometimes for hours.
Here is one of the few pictures of Dave and I. I have never worn a hat so much in all my life! I was glad I had my warm coat, hat, and gloves.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: