Thursday, September 27, 2007

God takes joy in me?!

I was finishing up Zephaniah and read in ch 3 verses 15 and 17 the concept that God exults with shouts of joy over me! (in this case Israel). This, I admit, is hard for me to grasp. I can grasp taking joy in God because He is so wonderful, but most of the time, I feel like I let people and God down. I am disappointing. I sin against them. I am selfish. Yet He looks on me with joy and renews my heart. I have been struggling with school (what else is new?) and God reminded me that He surrounds me, takes joy in me, and renews my heart. When someone believes in you and takes joy in you, doesn't it make your steps a little lighter, your face smile, and your heart flutter? Sounds like first love. I want to stay in love with God. After all, He promises to stay in love with me!

No comments: