Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Stitches and Drains and Dressings, OH MY!

So I am recovering and other than pain and tight dressings and these annoying drains, I am catching up on some of the home bound things I like to do like reading, writing, scrapbooking, e-mailing, blogging, school work (well lets not go too far), etc. I have a nice little set up here on the couch while my stomach decides to heal back together hopefully tighter without any holes in it.

Today, I had to go to the Doc and get stitches taken out (felt like little needles), dressing off (along with some skin), and the worst, one of the drains out (a bit of a painful and weird experience). The nurse was glad I did not hit her or pass out, neither of which I do although I would sometimes welcome the passing out part. Dave would have passed out today for sure although God bless him, he did do the drain emptying at least 2x. I have a new lighter dressing, one drain left, and a few stitches left to take out-if all goes well, probably on Thursday. I have pain pills but am scrounging around for some Valium!

But people are kind by bringing dinner and doing errands and schlepping my kids to various places, God bless them all.

I am getting out of some of winter's cold at least for a bit over 2 weeks.

Which books, dear are not non-fiction?

1 comment:

Cindynlow said...

Amusing title! It's too bad we are not 'local' yet, or I would be happy to help Dave out with the drains and such. Really. I can appreciate that he might not be as fascinated with that kind of stuff as I am...neither is Bill. :-)

Take it easy as you recuperate.