Wednesday, January 30, 2008

stupid little things are not really stupid

My stupid little things mean a lot to me. They are a break from life, a change of pace, a breeze if you will.

My stupid little thing right now is staying up until midnight, adding about 160 movies to our Netflix queue and reminiscing about all the great (or some not so great) movies I've seen. I put some in from the 80's that I enjoyed as a kid in hopes that my kids may like them (Clash of the Titans-now that brings me back-can't wait to see Medusa with the snake hair).

I like staying up late. The house is so quiet, I get a lot done or do stupid little things that I can't do normally. I pay for it usually in the morning but once in a while, I sure do enjoy it. I guess I am a bit of a night person still. Perhaps I will be one of those "sundowners" (people who stay up all night roaming) when I am old. God help my kids!

Remember the famous quote (from where I do not know): It's the little things in life that make life grand. (Wow! I sound like my mother!)

By the way, reading blogs may be considered a stupid little thing but I sure enjoy it along with millions of others.

1 comment:

Cindynlow said...

The kids (mine) will be so happy you have a picture on your page now...like "all the other blogs"...
:-)