Thursday, January 03, 2008

ITCHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been coughing for over 6weeks now and have struggled with lots of headaches in November. I have started itching all over in the last 2 weeks. So I made an appointment with an allergist before Christmas and went to that appointment today. I had been to an allergist before but not since 1992 or there abouts. I had forgotten what it was like. 2 breathing tests, 1 breathing treatment, 64 skin pricks on back, 20 dermal injections on each arm, 1 large needle in the butt, and a partridge in a pear tree (well, that was not included in the appt). I got 3 new perscriptions and still need to do patch tests for chemicals (perfumes and such). I am hoping to get rid of the cough and itching before my surgery on January 17th (I can't imagine having abdominal surgery and coughing my head off and itching all over!). Needless to say I am even more itchy now because I was very allergic to 9 things: dust mites (no surprise-covered my pillows and bed with dust mite blocking covers), CATS! (surprise), grasses, pollen from certain trees (no surprise), cockroaches (yuck). Those pin pricks swelled up and became very itchy on my back. Even with the cream and an antihistamine I am still itching as I write this. I got a steroid shot which I hope helps with it all and after the patches will go back on either my old antihistamine or the new one whichever works. I feel like I have lots of mosquito bites. I just hope this all works. The doctor was great and his office is literally down the street in my neighborhood. I will eventually also get allergy shots which I did in the past and felt like they worked so hopefully.

On another note, Christmas and New Year's was fun with family and friends, and now I am cleaning up a storm and getting decorations down before school starts again (January 14th) and my surgery (January 17th). Good luck to me. I am halfway on the deep cleaning.

Here's to 2008!

No comments: