Friday, October 03, 2008

Liking our jobs/ADD/School

1. I go to the Sport and Health club down in Fredericksburg whenever I want to swim and the man who works the reception desk is exceptionally nice-always giving a warm greeting and generally interested in everyone who comes in. It struck me the other day how much he seems to love his job. I wish we all loved our jobs and portrayed that. Perhaps if we looked at them more as a calling from God than just a job or even a career. Something that God wants us to do and gave to us to glorify Him. Made me think.

2. I am taking Jonny to be checked for ADD or perhaps other learning issues. We sure do eat our words sometimes (or often in my case) especially when we judge others. I used to judge others about their kids and potty training and then one of my children was 3 years old and 8 months before he was trained. Now, I thought that ADD was overdone in its diagnosis and perhaps it is, or even that it didn't exist at all but was just some label to give parents a way out from taking responsibility for their parenting. Well, now the teacher is saying that is what she thinks Jonny has and all these years of school frustration could possibly be helped. I do have a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth though.

3. School is over next weekend for me.We are going to our first Indian Pow wow this Sunday-part of my assignment for school. My whole family is going which is nice. I interviewed a Cherokee which was interesting-still makes me cringe at what whites have done to all these people and that I am white, but God holds me responsible for what I do and I am interested in all people and cultures.

No comments: