Monday, December 01, 2008

Books: If you see the book,  Zorba the Greek, don't bother reading it. I had heard of it and ended up starting it and then finishing it by skimming thinking maybe it would redeem itself but it was awful-immoral concepts, buddhism, promiscuity, hedonism. just yuk.

I finished the Greatest Generation which was good but just kept telling war story after war story.

The Search for Significance by Robert McGee is good-especially for counseling with a Christian perspective.

Now I have to start my school book on Psychopathology.

Nursery/toddlers: I have been in toddlers and nursery at church the last 2 week. I haven't done so in a while but I still was able to calm a crying 1 yr old so his parents could go to church. I enjoyed this much more since I do not have my own babies and toddlers.

The cold: I am already in my winter slump-cold all the time and more tired. I do like the change of seasons but I wish winter was a bit shorter even except if it would only snow. Instead, it rained a lot yesterday.

Gnocci: My Italian friend taught me and my daughters how to make the pasta gnocci yesterday. It was fun and tasting good. (a small pasta made of flour, egg, and ricotta cheese although I have had it made with potatoes.) She also makes homemade pasta so we may make that a youth event.

Decorating: We have over 1/2 the Christmas decorations up. I really enjoy Christmas. I hope to not get too caught up in the busyness.

Basketball: Kevin Dowker is convincing me to get up a 3 person basketball team for the 3 on 3 I must be crazy! He said it doesn't matter how good we are but he does not know how competitive I am. Right now it is me, Elizabeth and I need one more girl. Who do I know over 6 feet?

No comments: