Thursday, February 07, 2008

Community - Fullness of God

Andrew Peterson said “It takes all of us united together living now and all who came before us in ages past and in ages to come to equal the fulness exhibited by Jesus Christ on earth.”

In our Western world culture with the "pull yourselves up by the bootstraps"mentality, this is a deep, refreshing thought. So often, my Christian walk is about how I am interacting with God. It's not about how I'm interacting with each of my brothers and sisters in Christ. Sure, I may listen to something you have to say and you may teach me something, but overall, that is a rare ocurrence. If I can figure it out on my own, I can increase my own value and self importance. Normally it is a luxury and a privilege for me to let anyone inside my walk with God.

But I need you, you need me, we need one another to build the true community and fullness of God. When we are united in love, in spirit and in a greater purpose than just ourselves, we become the body of Christ, his bride and the hope for this world.

In Colossians 2, Paul writes "For I want you to know how great a struggle I have for you and for those at Laodicea and for all who have not seen me face to face, that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, to reach all the riches of full assurance of understanding and the knowledge of God's mystery, which is Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge."

Somehow we become beautiful when we open our lives to each other, sharing life, giving life, being knit together in love to reach all the riches and the knowledge of God's mystery in Christ.

No comments: