Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I'm Back

I, Nancy, have returned from my first class on a University campus since 1988!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
20 years. I am in awe at how old I am and how fast time has flown even though it seemed slow in the 80's. How did that happen.

Anyway, the class was good-I finally got to apply what I have been learning this year. I was able to counsel people in my class for 4 afternoons. On the flip side, I was counseled for 4 afternoon by them so I was exhausted when I returned home having spilled my guts so much. I did actually get some good insight into myself and some good tips to apply to my life from my fellow students.

Liberty University was awesome. I could really sense how God has blessed it and it continues to grow by leaps and bounds in our stagnated economy. They have over 11,000 residential students coming in the Fall and have 27,000 distance learners of which I am one. Amazing. They are very organized and very well run. I was impressed. I even went to Jerry Falwell's museum on the 1 year anniversary of his death.

Today, I counseled my first client besides the fellow students. I was nervous especially since it had to be filmed. We talked for over 50 minutes! And I was worried about a 1/2hour! I think I did ok-we'll see. I have 2 more sessions with my client.

I am trying to get ready for my next class on June 9-13. It is a group counseling class so another perspective for me. I've never been in a counseling group or even attended one so it should be interesting.

For those of you curious about the naturopath, she ended up being a dud-just never called back, cancelled appts and now I haven't heard from her in weeks. I wish I knew another one and could find what I was looking for, but someone told me that it is silly to think that I am going to feel great everyday so I have decided to accept that. I am still trying to eat well, exercise and take some supplements (some being the key word-I must sort through which ones so I don't take over 30 pills a day!), but if I don't feel well, I am just going to accept it and hopefully, go to bed. I did get a minor cold while I was away but it had been over 6 months since being sick, so I was pleased. I still really like the chiropractor though.

Well, speaking of exercise, I am taking a big walk because one thing about getting older, fat is your friend! (a very clingy one I might add)

No comments: