Monday, May 12, 2008

Nan at School - Day 1

Nancy left yesterday for Lynchburg and arrived around 7pm. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the remaining survivors settled down to prepare for the week ahead. Following a full weekend of the Screwtape letters, serving at the New Generation ministry, Carl's ice cream and sleepovers on Saturday, the kids were wiped out. They crashed at 8 allowing me the pleasure of some Sunday Night Baseball between the Minnesota Twins and Red Sox nation. That ended around 11:20pm with a nail biting Twins victory. A little bit of Sportscenter and nighty night.

6:15 comes early but a fresh press of coffee helps out. David was up and left at 6:35 while I was ironing some clothes and preparing a crock pot meal. Around 7:00, he comes back. I'm thinking he missed the bus. Little did I know that Stafford schools were closed due to the 5 inches of rain we received over the weekend.

Ha ha, now I could get an early jump getting to work while the kids stayed home. Giving them directions not to wake Jonny and Arianna, I left only to sit in traffic for 2 hours.

One of the advantages of having older kids is that they can manage at home by themselves. One advantage of having an older girl with an interest in sewing, cooking, etc. is that things may get done that normally wouldn't.

Today while I was at work, Elizabeth cleaned the kitchen, repaired the torn cushions on our kitchen chairs, ironed the rest of the clothes and helped Arianna with her laundry. What a relief that she was able to do that. Annie, I'm sure she would do the same in Iceland.

No comments: