Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Your Homework Assignment

In college, I took a lot of courses in calculus, thermodynamics, differential equations, partial differential equations, etc. We were required to do multiple proofs and solve advanced equations. Often the professor would solve part of the problem and then say "solve the rest as part of your homework assignment".

Which brings me to a "holiday" Arianna-ism. When my parents visited over Christmas, we were out driving around Virginia. In Virginia, we have these gas station/quick marts called FasMart where you can get gas,chips,soda (pop), fried chicken, etc. It is pronounced Fass Mart.

Arianna tells her grandpa that if you switch the F and the M in FasMart you get...The rest is your homework assignment.

3 comments:

Cindynlow said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cindynlow said...

I love Arianna-isms. The latest one reminds me of a sermon I heard years ago (not by anyone you know...ha) in which the preacher mispoke in this verse:

Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. Eph. 6:16 (KJV of course)

Thankfully FasMart does not sell fiery darts...

Annie B. said...

Ohmiword...you guys are making me laugh...which is a good thing!!! I have been laugh-deprived this week