Monday, November 03, 2008

Heart warming and other news

Some heart warming things my kids have done/said lately:

Elizabeth: When asked if she thought what she wanted to be when she grew up: teacher and/or missionary. Praise God for a willing heart!

Jonny: David was short some money he owed me and Jonny immediately piped up with "I'll pay the rest". Also, when caught in a lie lately and spoken to about it, within minutes, he apologized, admitted his wrong and asked for forgiveness. Praise God for a soft heart!

Arianna: She struggles with getting emotional and crabby especially when tired. She then will become argumentative, irritable and weepy (I wonder where she gets this from? She's not even a teen). Anyway, when chastised for these displays the other day, she went in the other room for a few minutes and came back out calling my name. "I'm no longer crabby, Mommy!"
Praise God for self-control!

All: They had a good time yesterday and willingly gave their money to fill shoeboxes for needy children. Praise God for generous hearts!

Other notes:
Appliances: I think our dishwasher has finally bitten the dust-not spraying water, using soap, or cleaning dishes. I do not want to break any tile on its way out! Also, we must replace 2 toilets with ones that actually flush more than just water! Well, we have been here over 12 years.

Elections: I will be glad when they are over! It will be interesting to see the results especially since some people think Obama is the antichrist! The economy seems to be similar to the end times costs.

Prayer: I am praying for and with Jonny almost daily and am excited to see its results. I have a conference with his teacher next week. I also have a counseling place in mind as I went to a seminar last week on ADD

School: I may become both a licensed professional counselor and a marriage and family counselor. Why decide! There will be only an additional 2 classes, but I will have to sit for 2 license exams. Why not! One of the counselors I admire here (Bill Gay) has both and sparked the idea for me.

Holidays: We are having Dave's sister and family for Thanksgiving, my brother and maybe my brother-in-law's sister and family. Should be fun. This is my kind of holiday-lots of friends and family around. We may go skiing as a family around Christmas.

Missions: I am praying about going to Haiti in February on medical/mission trip. We hope to go to Iceland in April and are really praying to go to the Philippines this summer (all things are possible for God).

Nancy

1 comment:

beckers said...

i miss the fauths! such excitement going on in your family, that is AWESOME!!!! Nancy, i know you can so do that double liscense thing! GO FOR IT!!!!
i love yall! see you in december!