Wednesday, March 07, 2007

musings

My friend has been coming to the gym at the same time as me in the morning for the last few weeks. She hasn't been there this week. I miss her. But she will move this summer. It makes me realize how much I miss all the people in my life that have moved out of it at least physically. It is sad but a part of life. I hope it will not be so in heaven. There are so many people I wish I could be with on a regular basis but just can't. Anyway, I hope she is there tomorrow and that I can keep up with her when she moves to California!

Found a poem by Abraham Cowley in my Great Poems book:

Today is Ours

Fill the bowl with rosy wine,
Around our temples roses twine;
And let us cheerfully awhile
Like the wine and roses smile.
Crowned with roses we contemn
Gyges' wealthy diadem.
Today is ours. What do we fear!
Today is ours. We have it here!
Let's treat it kindly, that it may
Wish, at least, with us to stay.
Banish busyness, banish sorrow!
To God belongs tomorrow.

How often I wish the day away and just try to get through it and the week! That is why I am enjoying some reading and doing this blog-to seize the day. To not let a day go by without talking to God a lot! To not waste my day thinking about tomorrow-plan a little yes, but that is it. NO WORRYING! Easier said than done with me.

The snow was a dud today at least here in Stafford-just flurries. School was in session!

I have a problem (well I have many but here is one). I LOVE CARBS! This does not help the weight. This does not help the belly fat. This does not help the tiredness, the afternoon slump. I put back in all the calories I burn and more so in the gym. Must get control over these carbs. They are everywhere! I think they give me comfort, they fill me up, send me into a bit of a trance I guess so I don't have to think about things that are sad and stressful in my life. I must redirect. I must work through my stresses , sadness and fears. I must go to the One Who understands. Carbs cetainly don't!

An old friend of our family is a builder/contractor/construction. He gave us good ideas for our siding. It is nice to have wise and knowledgeable friends.

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

Thank you for sharing the poem.